Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with Windows Hello on HP Omen where it says "Windows Hello feature is not available on this device", but as I read from microsoft you are able to sign in with face recognition as well as iris scanner. How do I fix this problem so I can use Windows Hello feature?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Erik_k,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance regarding Windows Hello being supported on your computer. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the unit, to check the product specifications to understand if Windows Hello feature is supported or not. That is very important.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The product number is

HP Recommended

Hi @Erik_k,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the super quick reply. You've been great to work with and have done a lot of research in this regard. Great job and Kudos to you for a job brilliantly done. 

Three requirements for Window Hello to working:

• 1. It should have an IR camera.
  • 2. A Fingerprint scanner
  • 3. Or an Iris scanner.

You could look up the requirements for Windows Hello from this link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/design/device-experiences/biometric-...

The product specifications link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-ax000-laptop-pc/10862325/document/c05200744 of your computer don’t have any of these components and hence Windows Hello is not supported by this computer.

A workaround would be is to order a USB IR camera and connect it to your computer for Windows Hello to work. It could be procured from Amazon or eBay or from your local Best Buy or Staples stores.

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and fabulous to work with considering your profound technical expertise. it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Recommended

Hello, @Erik_k

I see that you were interacting with @DavidSMP. I'd like to help!

Not all the Windows 10 PC's support the Hello feature. Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and most PCs with fingerprint readers already work with Windows Hello, and more devices that can recognize your face and fingerprint will be available in the future. Check http://bit.ly/2p3hGzE 

Does your PC have the fingerprint sensor? Unfortunately, your post about the product details is edited and we are still unaware of the product number. Please reply with the product number of your PC. Do not include the serial number. Just the product number or model number is good. Check http://hp.care/2oPCMBG if unsure.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi,
No it does not have any fingerprint sensor and then again it can't support Windows Hello
HP Recommended

Hi @Erik_k,

I have done a lot of research in this regard, based on the product# and model# that you had provided and deleted since then by editing the post. You require an IR Camera or other biometric devices like a finger print reader to make Windows Hello work.

You have admitted now that Windows Hello will not work with the computer in your post as it is not supported. That is the exact information that I had given you in my earlier post based on the product details that you had provided. 

I greatly appreciate your quick response greatly. It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and to share this platform with you.:) considering your technical competence. Kudos to you on that score.:)Trust me I've done all I can to help here and I genuinely hope things work great for you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a gorgeous weekend ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.