Level 2
27 10 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

RAM Max

HP Recommended
Hp 17-an053nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Omen 17-an053nr. I know the max RAM according to the manufacturer is 2 x 16gb. Had anyone ever tried 2 x 16gb?

3 REPLIES 3
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,976 2,910 395 1,266
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Crazyjoe909,

Crucial lists that 32GB is compatible. Crucial is usually right and their upgrades are guaranteed compatible or your money back.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-omen-17-an053nr

Also, from my understanding, the fact that 32GB is listed in the Maintenance and Service Guide indicates that HP has physically tested it already.

Kind regards,

Eddy 

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
Crazyjoe909
Author
Level 2
27 10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's all can find is that it's been tested at 2 x16gb ram. I was just wondering if it can support 2 x 16gb ram.

0 Kudos
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,976 2,910 395 1,266
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, it should theoretically support 2*16GB of memory. 

You have the options from Crucial I posted up there and any reputable brand should technically work. It's best to match the brand and type of RAM for the two sticks. 

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation