Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-ck0075ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

my call to a hp support technician did not give me any satisfying answer to my 3070 TGP question. He said it should be somewhat between 80-125W.

In another post I found the default TGP for an OMEN 17t-ck000 should be 130W. Can anyone verify this info? Will all Omen 3070 models run at the same TGP?

Since for RTX series Laptops a 3060 running at 115W can most likely outperform a 3080 running at 80W I sure like to know the TGP before buying my prefered Omen 17. I'm not interested in the max TGP I can run in whatever performance mode but in the default TGP.

Looking forward to your answers. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did you the answer now ? I'm looking to TGP for this model...

HP Recommended

Nope sorry...no answer yet. I once read that nvidia is requiring rtx 3000 laptop makers to disclose clock speed stats and tgp in the laptop data sheets. I can't understand why we are still left in the dark. I'll never spent money on a laptop without knowing one of the graphic cards most important specs.

HP Recommended

Hii

I contacted Hp France and they told me : 

for the omen 17 ck 0035nf rtx 3070 it's 115w tgp

for the omen 17 ck 00xx rtx 3080 it's 130w tgp

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info Babibou. I still wonder why another hp support technician told the customizable 17t-ck000  is running at 130w for the rtx3070.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-17-3070-TGP/td-p/8118405

So maybe the tgp differs from model to model? Or maybe it differs from support technician to support technician 😉 Who knows. Things would be so easy if you can get the tgp info out of the official hp data sheet for each omen model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.