cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexZv
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Re: Display goes blank while gaming(randomly)

HP Recommended

I've got the exact same issue on a HP Omen 15-dc1303ng, with a RTX 2070 Max-Q. It happens extremely inconsistently also, I got this black screen while running low GPU intensive games however it worked fine other more demanding ones. For example The Witcher 3 on ultra settings never had this issue, and it runs perfectly, but on a indie game, Risk of Rain 2, it happens a lot.

The timing is also random, I had the game running perfectly for 40 minutes, the temps were 70-74 C for the GPU and 75-80 C for the CPU, and I got the black screen and after about 5 seconds heard the windows notification sound for the display disconnecting. Another time it happened in the main menu of the game, as soon as the game started.

For me this started happening 2 weeks ago. However the first time it happened the GPU disappeared from my device manager. The Nvidia driver also reported that no compatible hardware device was present. What I did to fix this was update the PCI Express driver in Device Manager > System Devices, and the GPU reconnected immediately after. After this the issue kept appearing. 

What solved my issue for a few days was this:

go into Power & Sleep setting >Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings.

Here expand PCI Express then Link State Power Management and change "Plugged in" option from "Maximum power savings" to "Off".

As I've said, this solved my problem for a few days but then it just started happening again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation