Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I haven't really been playing many high demanding games much until yesterday I decided to play AC Origins. Then I noticed after a while on my Command Center it said CPU 97 degrees Celsius at only 30% cpu usage??? Then I turned it off and decided to run a online CPU  stress and extreme test, where it makes the CPU usage 90+% and I got really high temps like 95-97 degrees Celsius. Then I saw online in threads and youtube that after updating the BIOS from June 2019, it gets better I was like ok let me see? I tested the exact same things, played AC Origins and it never went above 83 degrees Celsius (checked every 10-20 mins).  I also ran the online CPU tests again and it was good.

Today, I wake up and decide to play the same game, after 20 minutes I look at the Command Center, CPU 97 degrees at 30% usage. Can someone help me, how is that possible?? I did not change anything on my pc from yesterday night to tonight, so how can that happen? Literally played for hours on and still didn't go above 83 degrees. Is the command center useless or wrong? Can someone help me if you know.

Thank you

i7 8750-H

GTX 1060 6GB

16GB Ram

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AleksandarP

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the vents and inspect the fans

1. Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.

2. Move any objects near the computer.

3. Find the vents on your laptop. They are usually underneath and on the sides of the computer.

NOTE: 

Some HP laptops do not have vents. Skip to the next step if you cannot find any vents.

Location of the vents on an HP Notebook PC

4. Use canned air to remove the dust from the vents to improve airflow.

Blowing the  bottom vent with compressed canned air

5. Wait five to ten minutes to allow the computer to cool down.

6. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.

7. Listen to the fans.

Update the BIOS

1. Go to HP Software and Drivers Downloads, and then navigate to the product page for your computer.

2. Locate BIOS in the list.

• If the BIOS option is not available, the BIOS is up-to-date.

• If the BIOS option is available, click BIOS, and then click Download next to the update. Follow the on-screen prompts, and then restart the computer. For more information, go to Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System).

You can refer this HP support community:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.