Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen x 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay so first things first my full specs are: i7 7820hk paired with a gtx 1080 and 16 gb of ram (single channel 2400 mhz).

Okay so my fps is really low (like really really low for example: 70 fps in gta V and 60 fps in CoD warzone) my cpu temps are really high (97°+) but i usually turn off turbo from throttlestop for the temps to drop to 90°.

Could the low fps be because of my high temps? Or because of my single channel ram? I tried checking (my right fan is spinning at 3k rpm meanwhile my left fan is spinning at 200 rpm) i also tried checking if I'm using my integrated gpu but my pc seems to not detect it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mycpufanisslow,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the display. We understand it's a new notebook lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset, and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.
Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.
Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.