Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15-ax001tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had genuine window which i get with new laptop. At the time of migration c drive to new ssd i have lost my genuine window and i have no recovery and now i i ha install pirated window 10. please tell me there is any way to recover my previous genuine window.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 Home product key is in the BIOS.

Your notebook may have W10 Home or W10 Home single language.

So, if you have installed W10 Home and it is asking for activation, go back and install W10 Home Single Language.

You do not need to install a pirated copy of W10.

You can download  genuine Microsoft software from the link below and it will create an 8 GB USB flash drive installer for you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I have zipped up and attached a free utility below, that will show you the W10 product key and the version of W10 that is in your notebook's BIOS.

Install the version of W10 the key is good for.

HP Recommended

sir, i had already install the pirated copy, now if i install wndow 10 single language then can it recover genuine window key automatic from bios or not.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, @Deva346 

Run the utility I attached to confirm that the product key is present in the BIOS, and reinstall the version of W10 the key is good for using the media creation tool to create an 8 GB bootable USB flash drive installer,

HP Recommended

i am already installed pirated copy and activate it using software. Now tell me genuine window key still recoverable or Not..

HP Recommended

I've already told you how to retrieve the product key in your notebook's BIOS.

You run the Showkey Plus utility that I zipped up and attached the other day.

That is all the help I can give you.

HP Recommended

@mykfcexperience wrote:

Hi:

The W10 Home product key is in the BIOS.

Your notebook may have W10 Home or W10 Home single language.

So, if you have installed W10 Home and it is asking for activation, go back and install W10 Home Single Language.

You do not need to install a pirated copy of W10.

You can download  genuine Microsoft software from the link below and it will create an 8 GB USB flash drive installer for you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

I have zipped up and attached a free utility below, that will show you the W10 product key and the version of W10 that is in your notebook's BIOS.

Install the version of W10 the key is good for.

Thank you for posting something like this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.