Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I went to a repair to upgrade and switch my hard drive to a SSD solid state drive, it took 3 days for the diagnostic and repairs once I tried it out it was working successfully. The boot up was fine the performance was pretty darn fast but when I went to the disk management I had a issue with the old Liteon cv8-8e128-hp Intel Optane Memory which is a SSD M.2 connected to my laptop and on disk management it’s set to Disk 0. My new SSD Samsung Evo solid state drive is set on disk 1 so I downloaded this app called easeus recovery, partition master and backup then I was kinda afraid to use the app because I didn’t want to loss anything or mess anything up so instead I watched videos on YouTube tryin different methods on how to delete partitions in Disk 0 where my liteon is connected too so I reset my laptop and in the bios settings on boot order it shows my old m.2 liteon cv8 8E128 Hp at the top as first boot up and my new ssd as second boot up so I have 2 boot up options when I go to My second boot up for my SSD Samsung 860 Evo it works but I want it to be my main boot drive to load up when powering windows instead of having 2 different SSD boot ups so first step I tried was deleting a partition that was available in Disk 0 the rest couldn’t be deleted because Recovery and UEFI for the boot up so then I tried command prompt i hit (diskpart) then (list disk) then (select disk 0) then (list disk) again It showed 3 partitions since one was unallocated so I selected each partition in Disk 0 then Typed (clean) in it was complete it deleted UEFI and Recovery. After the process was done i exit in went to Intel Rapid Storage Technology went to performance to disable The liteon cv8-8E128-hp m.2 optane memory from my laptop once I did that I reseted my laptop and got this recovery error 0xc000000e and a required device Isn’t connected or can’t be accessed meaning the  device was corrupted, missing UEFI Boot Up and Recovery Files

Need help!!!!!! I’m still on warranty for 6 months and  I ordered a Sandisk USB flash drive to fix the problem but do I suppose to take out the liteon ssd optane memory before boot up or I was wondering if I can take It out so the recovery error 0xc000000e can go away and the old disk 0 can disappear once it’s out from the disk management list that way the laptop can boot up fine wit my New SSD Samsung 860 Evo Installed and set to Disk 1 and boot order is now the first boot order on top so I’m glad the old one is not on the boot order list anymore but it’s still connected to my laptop and disk 0 it shows unallocated I think that’s why I can’t boot up my laptop. Hope y’all can help me out and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Whew! Thats is a difficult read there.

It helps to always post the full model or product number of your computer, so we can look up the specs... 😉

You dont use Optane if you are installing an SSD as your boot drive. Optane is intended for assisting conventional HDD's.

You need to disable Optane in the bios ( I think you said you did that already) and remove the Optane m.2 drive.

Then you install Windows to the Samsung Evo SSD.

It might work now but if not, you would be better off reinstalling again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Whew! Thats is a difficult read there.

It helps to always post the full model or product number of your computer, so we can look up the specs... 😉

You dont use Optane if you are installing an SSD as your boot drive. Optane is intended for assisting conventional HDD's.

You need to disable Optane in the bios ( I think you said you did that already) and remove the Optane m.2 drive.

Then you install Windows to the Samsung Evo SSD.

It might work now but if not, you would be better off reinstalling again.

HP Recommended

Sorry for my post i know it was lot.

Hp Model is Hp cx0056wm 

Since my new SSD works and is installed and on the Disk management is Disk 1

My Optane is disk 0 which is disable cause I delete all its partitions and it shows unallocated so do I remove the Optane m.2 drive from the laptop to solve the recovery error issue.

HP Recommended

Remove the Optane drive. If the error doesn't stop, reinstall Windows with only the Samsung installed.

If you are using an ISO installer made from Microsoft (MS Media Creation Tool), choose to do a Custom install and delete all the partitions on the Samsung, then let the installation continue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.