Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15cc 166tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Related yo software and drivers change

I have removed my sata hdd 1tb and place an m.2 ssd in m.2 slot so now i want to perform the recover media to install the os and drivers in the ssd by disc provided by hp 

But when i was perorming 1st dic it is normally completed but when it ask to insert the 2nd one after some time with some percentage it not performing and not running the disc how do i perform recovery media 

Do i need get a seperate recovery media which help the ssd to perform

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can install W10 on your new SSD without affecting any data on the 2.5" hard drive as long as make sure you select the right drive to install W10 on.

When you get to the part that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' make sure you select your SSD.

You should be able to tell which drive it is by how large it is.

The SSD since it is new should indicates XX GB of unallocated space.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if you can reinstall W10 my making bootable recovery media using the HP cloud recovery tool.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

But in the instructions written as when performing the recovery need to remove all the extra added internal hardware and my laptop came with onlu sata hdd but i want to perform on m.2 ssd which has a seperate slot so how do i perform with that

HP Recommended

You would have to disconnect your 2.5" hard drive or the cloud recovery tool will reinstall W10 on the 2.5" drive.

If that is what you have done, it is possible the cloud recovery tool will work.

If not, you may just have to clean install W10 using the media creation tool on your new SSD and install the available drivers and software found on your notebook' support page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-cc100-laptop-pc/16842299/model/20351...

HP Recommended

Installing drivers is ok but for windows 10 how do i get my license and for msoffice also

HP Recommended

You can't.

If MS Office came preinstalled, you won't be able to install it without the Cloud recovery tool or HP recovery media.

As to where you can get the key, you would have to contact Microsoft.

Didn't you have to pay for the activation?  The key should be in your Microsoft account.

HP Recommended

Tqq so much for your help and can u tell me one more thing do if i download from microsoft and performing instillation do i losse my data on hdd if not can u tell me the process of instillation on ssd only but not to effect on hdd

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can install W10 on your new SSD without affecting any data on the 2.5" hard drive as long as make sure you select the right drive to install W10 on.

When you get to the part that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' make sure you select your SSD.

You should be able to tell which drive it is by how large it is.

The SSD since it is new should indicates XX GB of unallocated space.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.