Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-dh1003nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why i can't connect to my Omen via 4g internet? It connects with wi-fi.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Vlad_Tepes 

Gaming machines and most laptops in general do not include a mobile broadband card like it has WiFi. Gaming on 4G wouldn't be very pleasant to begin with.  HP doesn't include it on the consumer stuff. Its usually found on tablets and some HP business class systems.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast reply! But my question is, when my laptop is connected to wi-fi at home and i'm somewhere else. I don't want to play, just to connect whit my phone when its connected via 4g. 

HP Recommended

Oh got ya. Your original question was a little vague.

I don't know if I can find the issue, I can only offer some suggestions...

• You do have mobile hot-spot ability enabled on your phone by your carrier, yes?
  • You have tested the phone on other devices to work?
  • Have you tried switching the phones frequency output between 2.4GHz and 5GHz (if it will do that)?
  • Is your phone network settings enabled for use with All Devices?
  • Have you tried to connect with an open/unsecured network vs password protected to see if it helps?
  • Run the Trouble shooter?

I know some users have complained of issue with Android phones and have not found an answer, although I don't know what you are using.

HP Recommended

Here is the link to the drivers pages also. You can use it to make sure your network drivers are up to date by comparing the versions there against whats installed.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-dh1000-laptop-pc-series/32827277

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.