cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
EnCAPSulated
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Replaced battery not charging just like original

HP Recommended
Omen 17t an100-CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have troubleshot this battery issue as much as possible but I'm stumped. This is a Windows 10 system and it's only 1.5 years old.

I have an Omen 17t an100-CTO (2XP11AV). The battery stopped charging and wouldn't power the laptop without the power cord connected. I ran the diagnostic and received a Blown Fuse error. I ordered part 922977-855 (I have the GTX 1070) and replaced it.

The new battery doesn't charge either. When I click the Battery icon in the taskbar it just says "Plugged in" but nothing about charging (see below). When I got the battery it had 45% power, and this never increased after the laptop was plugged in for hours. As a test I ran the laptop on the battery until it reached 40%, and connected the power, but now it doesn't go above 40%.

battery_settings.jpg

Within the Battery settings I see the percentage, but nothing about charging. If I run the Diagnostic within Windows 10 (as admin of course) it says everything's fine, but when it's run from BIOS I get the same Blown Fuse error (see below). The Battery Age gives me the impression that it still thinks the old battery is installed.

battery_diagnostic.jpg

I have tried the Windows 10 uninstall battery driver trick. I have tried uninstalling the battery driver, then shutting down, unplugging the battery, holding the power button for 1 full minute, reconnect battery, reboot. No luck. The non-charging issue occurs even when the laptop isn't powered on so it's not an OS issue. I have updated the BIOS to F.15-11/02/2020 but no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,886 1,961 2,160
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EnCAPSulated

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that even the new battery is not getting charged, it may be an issue with the charging board on the computer and I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation