Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-w200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I noticed one of the fans in my Omen was significantly noiser than normal. I took off the back and cleaned out the dust with some compressed air, but when I re-assembled it the noise remained, so I'm pretty sure my bearing is going out. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anywhere in HP's support to purchased a replacement fan. The product number on the fan returned no results in the part surfer, as did the service PN. I've attached an image of the part and part info sticker , does anyone know where I can find this part? (Or an equivalent). 

FanCropped.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is your notebook's product number?

The product number can normally be found on the same label as the serial number.

You can click on the product number of your notebook at the link below to get the list of parts/part numbers.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/WSearch.aspx?Wchar=Y&searchText=17-W200+CTO

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

My laptop's product number is: X7N74AV, I was able to find the part on the list, thank you!

Ferrin

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ferrin.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.