Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15-u209nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have lots of questions involving my laptop and i hope you will be able to answer them all

1- if i replace my processor will be able to replace my integerated intel hd 5500 caz some ppl say its attached to the cpu?

2- can i replace my laptop's motherboard?

3-if i can't change my integerated intel graphics card will i be able to add another didicated one and keep the intel card?

that's all for now i hope i hear from you sooner 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On the x360, the processor and motherboard are manufactured as a single piece meaning the processor is soldered to the motherboard so the only way to have a different processor is by having a different motherboard. 

x360 service manual

All versions of the motherboard use the Intel HD graphics and there is no means or method to add any kind of a video "card". Not clear on where you thought a "card" would go as compact and skinny as the x360 is. 

You have no upgrade path in any event: you are already king of the hill with the best and fastest processor/motherboard offered (i7-5500U) so upgrading is not in the cards, so to speak. 

What problem are you having that drives the desire to upgrade? The x360 is an excellent machine for anything but gaming so if you want to game you need to look into something like the HP Omen.

if this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

On the x360, the processor and motherboard are manufactured as a single piece meaning the processor is soldered to the motherboard so the only way to have a different processor is by having a different motherboard. 

x360 service manual

All versions of the motherboard use the Intel HD graphics and there is no means or method to add any kind of a video "card". Not clear on where you thought a "card" would go as compact and skinny as the x360 is. 

You have no upgrade path in any event: you are already king of the hill with the best and fastest processor/motherboard offered (i7-5500U) so upgrading is not in the cards, so to speak. 

What problem are you having that drives the desire to upgrade? The x360 is an excellent machine for anything but gaming so if you want to game you need to look into something like the HP Omen.

if this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply its an exellent machine like you said it had everything i wanted in a laptop except the vram  thats why i wanted to upgrade not buy a new laptop so is replacing the motherboard possible? does have to be from hp or is any motherboard compatible with laptop good enough? i can't afford a gaming laptop like hp omen they are very expensive

i hope i don't bother you with my silly questions its just im not very good with pc's/laptops and i hoped you would help me bc apparently your the expert  

HP Recommended

No sorry on laptops the motherboard is unique. There is nothing that will work other than the parts listed in the Manual and you already have the best there is.

HP Recommended

oh well...thanks for your help it's still the best laptop in my opinion maybe not for gaming but i can manage that

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.