Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15-dc0051nr. 3uk57ua

I am looking to reset my omen gaming laptop to its settings that it came to me with. I dont need to back up personal stuff I really only have a couple of games on there.  Just looking to start off with a clean slate. Somehow got pc accelerator on my laptop and cant get rid of it. So i want to do a reset but also want to have all the stuff that makes it an omen gaming laptop and not just another pc

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, I don't unterstand your last sentence because it is not a bad gaming laptop.. If your PC is slow and you want to know what, you can open your task manager (by a right clic on your task bar) and check what is the component very used (more 80%).
You can clic on this component to see what program used this ressources.

If you want to reset your PC, you need to erase all your programs and reinstall it after. For reset your PC, you can go to Windows settings, using this procedure:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Craigomen 

Your notebook should also be supported by the HP cloud recovery client utility, which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that is supposed to restore the hard drive to its 'out of the box' condition.

Here is a link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

No it's a great gaming lapto . Just making sure if I do a factory reset with hp cloud recovery I just want to make sure it recovers with all the same software and drivers like omen command center and all the graphics setting it came with.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I am not 100% sure how it works on every HP PC that is supported by it.

It is supposed to restore the drive configuration to its 'out of the box' condition...with W10 and all the drivers, and software that came with the PC installed and ready to go.

I used the utility on two HP 255 G7 business-class notebooks, and it restored the drives with W10 Pro, the drivers, and all of the HP software that originally shipped with the PC.

I do not know if it will create a recovery partition if your notebook has one.

It did not create a recovery partition on the two 255 G7's.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.