Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak011na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all. Having seen last year that my laptop is too old to run W11 (all good except for the Core i7 6700 HQ 2.6 GHz CPU) I decided to stay with W10. However I was tempted late last year to install W11 as a dual boot on my laptop to see what the fuss was about. It gave a few warning messages when starting W11 but apart from that seemed to work fine. A couple of weeks ago I went for a fresh reinstall to clear out any rubbish that might have accumulated on my hard drives and because curiosity got the better of me I downloaded the W11 ISO boot file and loaded that in as the only operating system. All seems good when running W11 with no warning messages or weird behaviour. However, I tried to transfer some files from one of my SDXC cards (tried other cards too) using the onboard card reader but it does not even see the reader never mind the card. I have a single card reader with a USB plug so use that on the laptop with no issues. The onboard reader works fine with W10.

Question is, is this issue due to W11 and my laptop or is there something I can do to get the reader operational. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Anstonian 

Hope the following software helps

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19708/realtek-card-reader-driver-for-intel-nuc-11-g...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Anstonian 

Hope the following software helps

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19708/realtek-card-reader-driver-for-intel-nuc-11-g...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanks for your input. Not quite as straight forward as it looks but finally got there with it and the card reader is back on line.

Thanks once again.

Anstonian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.