Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17 W-000ML
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

i got an Hp Omen 17 w-000nl, bought few months ago, no problems til now.
My primary use is for school, rendering, CAD programs, photoshop, illustrator.
Then at home for gaming, playing Overwatch. Not even at high graphic settings, i alway keep the temp at 60/70 C°.

I'm reporting some issues while playing , the screen goes black and then reappears.
I see sometime some Command Prompt windows that suddenly goes away.

Last problem today, after having used a CAd programs, the screen was like flashing, i mean it turned black and turned on for several times before restoring to normal.

However, all the graphic cards drivers are up to date, windows 10 is up to date too.

Does anybody have the same issues with this pc?

Is there a fix ?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Gianta

There are several things you can try. "Usually" this sort of thing is related to physical problem, but not always.

I'll try to help best I can.

I assume you are using the HP graphics driver and it has not changed since you bought it?

That would be 21.21.13.7674 Rev.D that HP released back in Feb 20th this year.

Or have you been updating with the drivers direct from nvidia?

IF so, what driver did you install?

Also, can you connect the laptop to an external monitor (if you have one) and see if it also has the issue while using CAD?

Other thing to do at the moment is to run a Component Diagnostics Test while plugged into the AC power.

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03467259

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.