Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 dh0029nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently purchased an HP OMEN 15 dh0029nl. I immediately noticed the problem related to the exaggerated temperatures of the CPU even in comfort mode and recently the temperature rises completely at random when I connect the power supply. I have already installed all the latest drivers and the latest version of the UEFI BIOS (f.22) but it persists anyway. It would be appropriate at least to make sure that in comfort mode the processor doesn't exceed a certain ghz threshold (so yeah, I mean a sort of downcloack) because it's really exaggerated if you don't have a good cooling system (which is not possible being a notebook). I don't know how to resolve this thing and I'm getting really sick 'cause I don't want to burn down the entire house. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Elbiertoz

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks anyway, but I solved the problem by myself. I am surprised, however, that no one has ever specifically mentioned or recommended this very simple procedure. Just go to the advanced power saving settings in the control panel and lower the CPU performance in percent as you like (in a reasonable way). Originally everything was set to 100% and the CPU went over 90° and I manually lowered the value to 75%. The Notebook is still good and fast and under stress the CPU barely reaches 60° (even playing with games) I recommend to divulge this information to who is still complaining about overheating. 

HP Recommended

@Elbiertoz

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future for any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.