Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming laptop 15-dk0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all. Fine I hope.

I have a little question about my laptop. HP Pavillion gaming laptop 15-dk0056wm.

Originally, it cames with only 256 ssd nvme drive.

After disassembled it, I saw a second drive place. I want to add this ssd sata https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-1TB-SSD-WDS100T2B0A/dp/B073SBQMCX 

My question is to know if there is compatibility between my laptop and this ssd

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

supported Hard drive + solid-state drive combination:

2-TB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-mm hard drive + 256-GB, M.2, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive with TLC

So it should be possible to use a 2,5" SSD instead of a HDD

HP Recommended

@Mohamed444 

Yes, you can use 2.5" SATA SSD.  The WD drive from Amazon is fine. Can you see cable for HDD ? If not, you have to buy

• The hard drive cable is available using spare part number L56898-001
  • The hard drive brackets are not available as a spare part.  (and this is the killer)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.