Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1005na 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am new to this community but hoping you can help. I have an HP Omen 17-cb1005na 6530 gaming laptop with a 500gb SSD. Most of my games are installed on the SSD for better performance. However I have quickly run out of space and I am unable to install the latest update to Microsoft Flight Simulator.2020. Can the SSD be easily upgraded without having to replace the existing SSD ie is there an additional SSD port? If so what is the make of the existing SSD so I can purchase the same make? If say a 2tb SSD was added would that automatically extend the size of the C drive of would the new SSD have to be configured on start-up?

Thanks,

Iain

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@montgoia 

From the following information

HP Omen 17-cb1005na specs

Machine already has  512 GB Solid State Drive (M.2 SSD) + 1 TB Serial ATA (SATA) . Please use device manager to check.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhein,

yes you are correct 512gb SSD and 1tb sata. I would like to increase the SSD but don’t know if there is an additional port to do that?

thanks,

Iain

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.