Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by hp laptops
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is turned on but the screen remains black . I continued to bios reboot as instructed by hp help video . But after bios reboot still my screen remains black. Whats the issue and how i can solve it.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Try to reconnect (safely) your display cable (don't have the power on). But I would suggest more details on your problem first. So that way we can help you better.

HP Recommended

I turned on my laptop at first the display was ok . I proceeded to login. After that lap was not working so i turned off using power button. After re starting it the display was black

HP Recommended

And you couldn't access your BIOS?

HP Recommended

Actually, it could mean that your boot drive is corrupted or missing. But it could mean something else. Like the storage had failed or that it wasn't properly connected. 

HP Recommended

Yeah i rebooted bios by pressing Windows + b + power botton.. the bios was rebooted . Still the screen remains the same.

HP Recommended

Was it working fine or did you download something suspicious before your laptop not responding and then your laptop couldn't get out of black screen?

HP Recommended

Nope it was working fine.

HP Recommended

Try to boot into safe mode. Which it could mean the GPU be failing or the driver had become corrupted. If it was a failing GPU, then was it caused by lack of fan air flow?

HP Recommended

I tried to boot in safe mode . It was also not working😑

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.