Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ax204ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have an Omen 15-ax204ns, and I was wondering if anyone has swapped the lackluster 1080p panel out for the 4k one. I realize it would void any warranty, and I don't care, and I also realize I have a GTX 1050, but it's more about peak brightness which the 1080p panel LACKS, while watching Netflix and consuming content. Any help would be great, I spotted a panel on some random website some time ago, but I'm also considering just buying another laptop. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @jamesbond2285 

That series of Omen did come with a 4K panel on "select" models. But the issue is if the pin-out will work.  

The 1080 panel 752920-014  240 nits (according to the model number I cross referenced) uses a 30 pin connector.

The 4K panel 842484-004  300 nits uses a 40 pin connector.

You would have no way of converting it. The motherboard has to be wired for that connector.

I suggest if you need a 4K panel or brighter screen, I would look into getting a different laptop.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @jamesbond2285 

That series of Omen did come with a 4K panel on "select" models. But the issue is if the pin-out will work.  

The 1080 panel 752920-014  240 nits (according to the model number I cross referenced) uses a 30 pin connector.

The 4K panel 842484-004  300 nits uses a 40 pin connector.

You would have no way of converting it. The motherboard has to be wired for that connector.

I suggest if you need a 4K panel or brighter screen, I would look into getting a different laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.