Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V9A0AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community. I have a rather interesting issue with my HP Victus. This unit is 3 days old.

The notebook came with 2x4GB DDR4 3200mhz ram and I quickly started having issues with running basic things or even opening my browser. After some very very intensive investigation I found the most ridiculous reason! When the laptop is charging it throttles RAM to 52% (according to task manager) I tested this by opening 20 youtube tabs all playing videos, It was about 75-80% uplugged. I plugged in the laptop and the tabs slowly one by one gave me a out of memory error. After unplugging the issue was fixed again. I took off the bottom cover and replaced one of the 4gb sticks for a 8GB crucial 3200mhz from a previous laptop. Now it was still throttling at 52% just 6gb insteal of 4gb. Still was unusable plugged in.

I am so stumped and baffled by this and I am hoping someone here could help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@TristanH2,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing RAM throttling issues when charging on Victus By HP Gaming Laptop PC. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Updating Nvidia Driver
  • Maxing out power settings for maximum performance

First change the power mode to "Balanced" or "Better Performance" as the default setting.

Secondly, go to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options" > "Change plan settings" > "Change advanced power settings"
Scroll down, click on "Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Setting" > "Config TDP Level",
Then select the middle value for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In".
Thirdly, Scroll further down. Select "Processor power management";
Then select "Maximum processor state";
Change the value from 100% to 96% for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In" options.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.