Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System Configuration:

• Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
  • RAM: 4GB Hynix 2667MHz+4GB Hynix 2667MHz
  • SSD Capacity: 250GB
  • Dedicated Graphic Memory Capacity: 3 GB, 
  • Graphic Processor: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

I recently bought this laptop and it has been performing really well since the beginning ie. 4 months, It gave decent fps while playing games until now. The games which use to give decent fps are now giving less than 20fps at the same settings. There is a sudden fps drop on games which used to perform really well. 

for ex.,

earlier GTA v used to give avg 60 fps but now I am stuck at 10-20fps,

earlier fallout 4 used to give avg 60 fps but now I am stuck at 20-30fps.

Windows is up to date and GPU drivers are also updated. 

Please help me get its speed at par.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kunal20k

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing an FPS drop issue.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

Right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel.

To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate.

By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it does.

If you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology — that is, both NVIDIA and Intel graphics — this is the same place you can choose which applications will use the NVIDIA hardware and which will use the Intel hardware.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product number:   8XS80PA#ACJ

It didn't work, I am still facing the same issue.

HP Recommended

@kunal20k

Follow the steps in the below article and perform a cloud recovery and check.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Check to make sure its using your dedicated gpu. Sometimes laptops switch to the integrated gpu. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.