Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 15 inch Omen i7-7th gen2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well my problem is that there are some weirds sounds that comes from the laptop i dont know what it is but i can only hear them when im in a quietly room . Specfictly there are two sounds one from the left side of the laptop that sounds like a "tick tick" only when i am in the desk but when i am playing some games this sound disapers and the second one comes from the midle and a little to rigth side of the laptop sounds like " pi pi pi pi"  and it happends the same like the first one when i play games it disapers i dont know if its normal or anormal. 

An extra information the laptop is new i used it only for 4 days and my HDD is a 2TB disk and  no SSD. my operating system is all in the HDD

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ness14

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer making a random clicking noise. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the exact model number of your notebook? Click here

Recommend you run a system test on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

Once the test passes, restart the computer and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here

Do you get the clicking noise when you carry the computer when it is powered on?

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

this are the specs of my notebook 

Product name:OMEN by HP Laptop Product number:X7R18AV BIOS:F.35-01/23/2017 Keyboard revision:83.45 Total memory:16.00 GB Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

answering to your question yes it makes that noise when the notebook is on but not running any app or program and its rare cause when i play that clocking noise disapeers 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please make sure all the drivers are updated as suggested earlier. Please do run a system test on the computer and let me know how it goes. 

Thank you for providing the product number of your computer. 

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

well i made the test and all tell me that the disk are in good state and the batery as well

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Also, run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers. 

Once all the updates are installed, please observe the computer by using it on a desk or flat surface and check. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.