Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-cb0187ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I am the proud owner of my new Omen 17" Gaming Laptop.

But I have a problem and maybe you guys can help me.

The sound is loud enough but when I play a video game it significally drops. To be more precise: I or the system did not switch the master volume down. It just sounds quieter.

If I don't play my sound is on Level 61 and sounds fine. If I play, I need to switch it to 100% because else all I hear is equally to level 40.

If you need a video of it, I can make one... But I guess I described my issue good enough.

I reinstalled drivers but it did not fix my issue.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Elirion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did a complete reinstall.

Now everything is fine... Don't know what it was...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Elirion

I reviewed your post and I understand that the sound drops when you are playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Does this happen in any particular game or all the games?

Meanwhile, I recommend run the audio troubleshooter and it will automatically find and fix any issues with playing audio.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did a complete reinstall.

Now everything is fine... Don't know what it was...

HP Recommended

@Elirion

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Elirion 

Can you please let me know the steps you took for the reinstall?

HP Recommended

@Tejpal:

I went to device Manager and opened Up the audio devices. There I went and uninstalled every device (and deleted device driver where possible).

After that search for Windows Updates and reboot after Installation. 

Then Check if it is Back to normal. If not download the audio drivers here from HP for your device model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.