VictoryAtDawn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Spilled drink on HP Omen Laptop, won’t power on

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Someone please help, I spilled a drink on the left side of my pc, right on the two USB ports and audio aux. The liquid also slightly spilled on the keyboard and next to the power button. I wiped it up immediately, I turned it off and turned it upside down and immediately opened the bottom of the case to check for any more liquid inside, and I saw none. I flipped it back over and turned it on. It worked but my friends told me about my mic quality being muffled. I decided to turn it off and open it up again just to be sure. After I checked and cleaned the ports, I tried to turn it back on but it would not turn on. I pressed and held the button to turn it on multiple times and nothing happened. So I tried unplugging the battery and then tried again on ac power only, that didn’t work either. I plugged the battery back in and the power button light came on but no start up. It’s been like that since, it won’t turn off or on when I press it. I tried to take it apart to check if there was damage to the power button board and I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol still nothing. I don’t think It’s motherboard damage because the liquid spilled on the left side, no where near the motherboard. Please help cause I can’t afford a new pc at this moment or a new motherboard.

1 REPLY 1
arya122378
Level 4
138 136 7 11
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In this case, I suggest you send it to your local repair center to check the specific damage.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation