Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-14-2021 05:28 AM - edited 09-14-2021 06:27 AM
Today I once again encountered not the first problem with my HP OMEN 15 R7/2060. Well, for the umpteenth time the laptop spontaneously restarted for no reason while running. On top of that I also saw a blue screen today with a message: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".
I'm slowly running out of patience with this shi.... laptop.
What could this be caused by? How can I fix it?
It restarted on battery power, and the blue screen while the laptop was plugged in to the power supply.
I have already searched for solutions on the internet. Unchecking the auto restart option does not help, BIOS is also updated.
09-17-2021 11:50 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand your computer restarts randomly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
If the issue persists, follow the next steps.
- 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
- 2. Expand batteries.
- 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- 4. Shut down the computer.
- 5. Disconnect the charger.
- 6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
- 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
- 8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
- 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community