Did you mean: 
Hellokitty12
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Started out orange now white

HP Recommended
Hp stream laptop model 11-d011wm

I received it in the mail tried the power botton it fashes the light on the side next to plug in was orange now is solid white when I plug it in only when nothing is plugged in no light on side but caps light is still on and when u press power button it fashes one time then in a few minutes again

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,290
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Hellokitty12 

Sounds like you just received a new Stream laptop in the mail, but it wont start. Is this what you are saying?

Or did it run ok for a while, then this happened?

The orange light next to the plug means the battery is charging.

Solid white means its fully charged.

Not being plugged in and that light doesn't show.

Yes this is normal. Its not plugged in so the light wont light up.

But the caps light is on and I assume the screen is just blank, is a another problem.

With the power plug disconnected, press the power button down for about 5-10 seconds until the caps light goes off.

The laptop should be fully off now.

If it is, then hold the power button down solid again for 30 seconds, then let go.

Now plug the power cord back in and press the power button for a good second until the laptop turns on.

Does this work? Let me know what happens.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation