Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15.6" Gaming Laptop 15-ek0008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I was wondering if either of these SSD storage sticks would be compatible with my HP OMEN 15.6" Gaming Laptop 15-ek0008ca:

Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 2Tb PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S2T0B/AM)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MFZXR1B?tag=price0221_ca-20&th=1

OR

Kingston KC2000 M.2 2280 2TB NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 96-layer 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SKC2000M8/2000G

https://www.newegg.ca/kingston-kc2000-2tb/p/N82E16820242475?Description=SKC2000M8/2000G%20kingston&c...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cakeman2

Thank you for posting back. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance,

And, also the configuration that you try to install in your computer are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. However, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@cakeman2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD installed on the PC. 

And your computer Support for M.2 SATA storage. Refer http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04691689 to 1 Product description.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. However I have been given different information from three different HP reps. One said (Benhaim here, above) I could add 2TB + 2TB = 4TB. Another said I could only do 512GB +512GB = 1TB (HP Chat technician). Another Chat technician rep said that 1TB + 1TB = 2TB is definitely OK. Here, you do not seem to give me anything concrete. Where do you stand? 

HP Recommended

@cakeman2

You can just go with the product manual in order to add extra drive.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, so you endorse the minimum: "512GB +512GB = 1TB", and no more. There is already 1TB in slot one. What happens if I insert a 1TB in slot 2 ? Will this damage the computer or void my warranty?

HP Recommended

@cakeman2

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance,

And, also the configuration that you try to install in your computer are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. However, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok thanks

HP Recommended

@cakeman2

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.