Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

It's been almost 3 months now since i bought my new gaming laptop and all of a sudden i begin to hear a strange hissing or clicking noise at first it was like a hissing sound >> First sound  and the second sound starting changing in the following days to this clicking noise Clicking sound (both audio files are in the same link)

I saw this similar topic from the forum and i couldn't comment on it so here i am creating a new one.

Old topic>>old topic 

Please help me because this is driving me crazy.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@YassineMA

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@YassineMA

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting clicking noise from the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the noise coming from the system fan?

Meanwhile, I checked the audio files you have shared, and I was unable to figure out the clicking noise you are referring to. However, please update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

First of all thanks for getting back to me, the crackling noise is very low at the start and to answer your question yes i think it has something to do with the fans or some component near it, because whenever i launch a game or start a render the cracklings gets a bit loud.

*in the attached image you will see where the

C187C280-7915-4377-9D2F-391B9D3E5282.jpeg

9E0F7D41-AB7B-4183-A07A-6A58836AE3C0.jpeg

sound is coming from(that image is from a disassembly video from YouTube)

HP Recommended

I also forgot to tell you that i have updated everything bios, drivers windows all up to date.

HP Recommended

@YassineMA

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your assistance, i am going to accept it as solution because hp support will take it from here.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

@YassineMA

Perfect! If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.