Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 ce009nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

today I updated OMEN Command Center to OMEN Gaming Hub and I run into an issue. When I want to see more info about my laptop, it force me to update the Hub. Update always proceed successfully and after restart of the system, it shows me the update message again.

I already tried to update it several times, I reinstalled the software several times and it still doesn't work.

I would be grateful for any help.

asdf.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Tomdo_ 

Try installing these files and see if it helps...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply @Photoray002!
I installed everything you mentioned. Sadly, it didn't work.
When I installed HP System Event Utility, I run into another problem. The program propably don't work correctly and always gives me Unknown software exception 0xe0434352.

Tomdo__0-1617285034129.png

I tried to reinstall the program, repair system disk and .NET Framework, I installed sp101543.exe and I still get this message.

HP Recommended

101543 is an outdated version of the event utility. Ergo why I gave the MS Store link.

If that wont work either, then yes your file system or the apps have went corrupt somehow. Ive had a similar problem with the Event Utility also. Trying to uninstall all the apps/files will be a nightmare to do as there will be hundreds of files that will have to have permissions changed in order to remove them and you cannot simply change permissions all at once.

You can wait for an update and see if it will solve it, or reinstall Windows. Depends on your mindset about doing that. For some, that's not a problem, others get angry over the thought.

NOTE: If you do, you will probably only have success with a clean install via a USB pen drive. Windows reset alone, sometimes doesn't always work right.

Sorry, thats about all I can offer on that problem.

HP Recommended

It's kinda sad that nothing doesn't work, but I don't really need it for my life. Anyway, thank you for your time and your advices. I'm planning to reinstall OS in summer, so I hope at least that will help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.