Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is HP recieving any feedback from its users in a webpage for future software changes?

My 2c on the subject....

1.- Allow for FULL FAN CONTROL of ALL OMEN LAPTOPS.
Ex. The current system relies on temperature monitor to ramp up fan speed, this is not ideal as when browsing the internet or watching a youtube video as the CPU fans ramp up and ramp down many times in a minute.. This gets distracting very fast!
An ideal solution keeping the current software is to enable the GPU fan at a low rate of speed to help the main CPU fan, On my OMEN 17 the GPU fan only kicks in when the GPU gets used past a certain % this is very dumb as the fans kick in so loudly that it can get disturbing when the room is quiet.. Anything can upset the GPU usage specially in non-Optimus Laptops such as mine, Why is the GPU fan not allowed to help with heat dissipation? its not like the OMEN 17 gets good battery life anyway.

Add a custom FAN PROFILE Tool to *working Command Center´s
OR 
Update the Automatic Fan Profile to allow the GPU FAN to work at its slowest speed so it can aid the CPU FAN, This should make almost all OMEN Laptops run quieter and cooler under light tasks.

2.- Modify current power profiles in Windows.
The current "HP Recommended Setting" in power options its broken on battery mode.. Regardless of setting (Battery Saver, Better Performance, Max Performance) the CPU is allowed to hit MAX SPEED!! Even if you set it to battery saver it maxes absolutely no change in performance since the CPU can hit its maximum turbo speed which destroys battery life. I have seen most owners having to modify the Advance Power Options settings to limit the Max CPU Speed in battery mode (I have mine set to 1.10Ghz Max Speed on Battery). Since the non-Optimus laptops use the GPUs all the time having the CPU hit its max turbo speed on battery is destroying battery life.. Make the "Battery Saver" mode actually LIMIT the CPU speed to its lowest point.

3.- FIX THE OMEN COMMAND CENTER.
Since windows update some months ago my Command Center has fully stopped working, This means all my fancy macro buttons are a waste of space becuase you cannot use them with any other software control... Solution provided by HP? Yeah reformatt my laptop? WHAT? LOL I have tons of stuff in my laptop that I am not willing to back up just to make the Command Center work again, I fully uninstalled the Command Center but I cant re-install it without the installation program crashing on itself.. This is pure software issue that needs to be addressed by HP not by reformatting customer laptops. So until HP fixes the Command Center installation suite my OMEN 17 has some fancy useless macro buttons..

4.- When YOU DO FIX THE OMEN COMMAND CENTER:
Allow all programs to make use of the Macros instead of binding them to your Software Only! This is the only laptop I used that makes the Macros invisible to the OS... I cannot make them work with anything I tried, So until I can get the command center working I have no macros what so-ever....  Also when Command Center worked it only allowed the Macros to do buttons combinations? like why??? I cannot mirror a single button on my macros? Again this is the only laptop Ive used that limit what the macros could do making them very useless to a lot of games.

I really love my OMEN 17 its a beast but These issues are infurating!! When you limit the CPU max Speed you can get some decent battery use but as out of the box? the battery life is pathetic..... I didnt get the laptop to rely on battery life but I wish I could at least make some work with it on the fly, Limiting the CPU Max Turbo Speed is a no brainer and something it should do right out of the box.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Ill pass on your requests to the powers to be since they dont monitor these forums.

Kudos also.

HP Recommended

Oh well.. I thought HP did look at some of these kind of feedbacks to make their laptops better...
I worked around almost all my issues but the Command Center fix is a No go. I didn´t use the Macros before becuase of the combination-only issue but now I have all these 6 buttons not doing anything at all...

I wish this got at least fixed because its obviously a software issue, Not being able to re-install the Command Center I mean.

HP Recommended

To be honest, Ive asked these questions before and have not recieved a solution yet.

We are all still waiting. :HalfEyes:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.