Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion Gaming 15 EC1016AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im having an issue with my new hp pavilion gaming laptop. I am confused, this is the newest gaming laptop but when I played the first person shooter game there was a problem which made me annoyed. There was a sudden drop in fps every few minutes for 10 s (the fps was at 7-20 fps) and then after that it went up to 150-200fps (my ping averaged around 20-30 ms). But when I charge it while playing, the sudden fps drop isn't as frequent as when it's not charged. This often upsets me. Please solve my problem, i just want to play games with peace.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 4600H

GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB

RAM : 16 GB (3200 MHz)

VALORANT   13_09_2020 17_30_41.pngVALORANT   13_09_2020 17_30_44.png

Thank You 🙂

Vincent

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@nzxyq

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Next ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Also try these steps

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply and ok

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying

i have done all your suggest 

HP Support Assistant - Updates 16_09_2020 17_05_25.png2020-09-16 (4).png

and set to best performance

but there is still sudden drop fps 

2020-09-16 (2).png2020-09-16 (1).pngVALORANT   14_09_2020 12_35_11.pngVALORANT   16_09_2020 16_53_11.png

HP Recommended

Are you having issues only with this one particular game?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would suggest checking your "Power Settings" in the "Control Panel".

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Click the plus/minus indicators to open and close the individual entries in the list. To change a setting that is grayed out, click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Most of the advanced settings are listed as pairs, consisting of an "On battery" setting and a "Plugged in" setting. Many settings can also be disabled, by selecting "Never" (for example), instead of a time value MyAARPMedicare Login

HP Recommended

omg hate when fps drops at an inappropriate level

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.