Toon48
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sudden frame drops

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2720nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i am playing a game, I always have a steady fps and never have any problems with frame drops. However, This is the case when my laptop is connected to an AC power,

When I plug it out of the AC power, I get sudden frame drops (2 seconds up to 15 seconds). First it runs fine (steady 60 fps), then there is a sudden frame drop (2fps) for a couple of seconds, then back to 60 fps

I have changed the settings so everything is on maximum prestation and not on maximum lifespan, but it  keeps on happening...  

I updated the BIOS via https://support.hp.com/be-nl/drivers

Now even more problems occurred. For example some games won't open anymore, image previews on my homescreen don't work, the font is really weird throughout the whole system, and when I left click and drag on the homescreen there isn't a blue rectangle, only a grey outline...

If anybody knows a solution please let me know, I need my laptop for school, so it's pretty anoying

1 REPLY 1
Toon48
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, when I try to update the driver-graphics the following message comes up:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.746

Image Version: 10.0.19042.746

Error: 183

Cannot create a file that already exists.

The DISM log file can be found at \ dism.log

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation