Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

So this is all truth and no lies. I use my laptop as a secondary PC for streaming, however, these past 2 months I've been busy so I haven't touched my laptop. I only plug in my laptop when it's in use and I also have a amazon smart plug to turn off all of my electronics when I'm not home. I was about to stream the other day and I noticed a weird looking bulge on my laptop and my first thought was, "Oh no...this can't be..." It hasn't reached 2 years for its lifespan yet and also, I rarely had it plugged it so I'm surprised the battery is swollen. Trust me, I take good care of my devices and I never overcharge or keep anything plugged in. I try to keep my electric bill low.

I understand this is a safety hazard. I currently work at my local Microsoft store as a tech and I understand the proper precautions to take when we have any swollen/leaking batteries. I checked my warranty and unfortunately it's 6 months out and I am hoping I'm not at a loss here -- based on tech experience with other laptops and expired warranties; however, I know there's loopholes.

Can anybody give any good suggestions or point me in the right direction towards, hopefully, getting a replacement battery or device? I'm sure the battery can be swapped but it has to be done by a licensed technician since it is not removable and unfortunately at Microsoft, we're not allowed to open or replace swollen batteries due to safety precautions in a retail environment. 

I also contacted HP support twice and haven't heard a response from a human just yet, only bot emails.

Any help would be great.

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ImAFunGuy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.