Blaze4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Synaptics ClickPad doesn't register clicking Left and Right at the same time

HP Recommended
Omen 15-5001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For gaming, I need to be able to hold down the right side of the clickpad to scope and then press left to shoot. However, when I click the right side, the trackpad can't register me pressing the left button at the same time.

I tried to assign the left click button as a hotkey/programming key in HP Omen Control Centre instead, but it seems like it only accepts keyboard buttons - not the clickpad. 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Blaze4
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Hordrist
Level 3
30 28 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Go to mouse settings, additional options, and verify the option "enable click lock" is unchecked (It might not be exactly these words, as I translate from french).

You can also try to update your touch pad driver in the device manager

0 Kudos
sandy981
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've also had same problem for several days while emulating ps3 games, Because i didn't own a ps3 controller. So few days ago I did some research about it and found that I can disable the touchpad when it is connected to mouse. I've been using mouse for gaming for almost all games it works fine. Try using a mouse when gaming at home. If you cannot carry a mouse when you're outside, then you've to figure out how to use double click at same time (I mean right and left). I'm also searching, will let you know if I find something related to it. I've given a link my reply to that post I found on some search engines

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation