Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, My laptop refuses to turn off fully after a bios update and recovery.

The orange indicator on the f6/Mute keyboard button stays on after shutdown, the fan also sometimes stays active.

To power down fully, I usually hold on to the power button. I have been doing this for more than 2 months.

I have also tried all sorts of troubleshooting found online: drivers update, bios update and downgrade, bios reset to default setting, power option settings, commands prompt and more, none of which as fixed  the problem.

I honestly hope I can find the support needed here.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem with Omen 16 AMD Processor Nvidia GPU, I tried many things in order get out of the issue.. but I was obligated to Hard-reset the system..

There are too many issues (hardware and software-related as well) with HP devices especially during the last few years..

for instance the Touchpad lagging, which still unresolved till now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem with Omen 16 AMD Processor Nvidia GPU, I tried many things in order get out of the issue.. but I was obligated to Hard-reset the system..

There are too many issues (hardware and software-related as well) with HP devices especially during the last few years..

for instance the Touchpad lagging, which still unresolved till now.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback and help. I did a reset but it didn't solve the problem. 

HP Recommended

Hello friend,

Did you tried resetting with deleting files (hard-reset) ? If not, then you should do that.

HP Recommended

Yes I did, at first without deleting the files then a second time I deleted all files and did the cloud download option too.  i am honestly beginning to consider it's an hardware issue. i am however considering downgrading to windows 10 as this started  some months after upgrading to win 11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.