Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Evreything was fine until yesterday when i noticed that ,when i take the power cord out,the laptop will instantly shut down like there no battery left even thought there is plenty of battery left. i checked the hp assistant and it says the battery needs to be replaced. ,but im not sure this laptop battery can be replaced as the back of the computer is sealed ,i searched the hp website for batteries but there was none for this computer ,so i am confused 😕 i guess ill have to try and get a new computer then ,cause ive already tried some of the various trouple shooting methods found online ,but it still shuts down when i pulkl the plug , i imagine it cant run indefinatly on the plug forever.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ghibli 

What is your Omen X 17  ? For example

OMEN X by HP - 17-ap020nr

The above machine uses  6-cell, 99 Wh Li-ion battery  part # 925149-855 which is replaceable. Its base cover has 12 screws,

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It Is A  OMEN X by HP - 17t-ap000 CTO ,thats what it says on the hp assistant page 

HP Recommended

@Ghibli wrote:

It Is A  OMEN X by HP - 17t-ap000 CTO ,thats what it says on the hp assistant page 

@Ghibli 

It is a CTO machine, we don't have its REAL specs. You can use battery from my previous reply.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.