cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

The fans are very noisy

HP Recommended
PC laptop OMEN by HP 15-ax207nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the last period I have a problem with fans of my laptop. The fans are very noisy. Can you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Teslaah

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that the fan in your OMEN by HP 15-ax207nl Laptop makes a loud noise. I'll be glad to assist you with this.

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• Does the laptop overheat?
  • Is the fan always so loud since the time you power on the laptop or it is loud only while playing games, etc?

Meanwhile, I did some research and came across this HP article. This article helps us in fixing such fan related issues.

Finally, please update the BIOS on your laptop via this link. Please ensure that the charger is connected to the laptop during the BIOS update.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1) Temperatures are around 50 degrees for each component.

2) The fan is very noisy when I  power my laptop.  When I turn on some games the fans stop making noise but sometimes they start again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Teslaah

Thank you for replying with the valuable information. 

Keep me posted on how it goes with the suggested steps. I'll watch out for your reply. 

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried using compressed air but the holes are too small and therefore clean and impossible. Noise has not diminished

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Teslaah

Glad to hear from you.

Let me know if the BIOS update was performed too. 

Secondly, please go to the power options in the Win10 and select the power plan as "Balanced": http://hp.care/2sxPPcF

Also, observe the fan noise with and without the charger being connected to the laptop.

Finally, when you go to the BIOS (hit f10 on startup), you can navigate to the power settings and check for "fan always on" option and disable it.

Hope this works out. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation