cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
RevolverIA
Level 4
37 37 0 38
Message 41 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm also having this issue and many, many more. Literally the top 5 topics in the forums is the same issue of same model that also all coincidentally started appearing after they've updated the BIOS to F.08

This really, really isn't a hardware malfunction or overheat. I've contacted HP support in my region and got my motherboard replaced, but 2 days after I got it back I left it on overnight to download games and then it asked me to restart. When I did, it applied the BIOS update automatically and here I am, literally having the same issue after the a motherboard swap. 
HP Support then just told me to wait for a BIOS update or get a refund. Is there anyone that I can contact with that can actually report the issue to the Development team? We're really in a rut right now and I'll say it again, so many people can't have hardware issues at the same month with the same model right after they updated their BIOS who are also experiencing the exact same problem. This just isn't possible.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 22,298 2,620 3,520
Message 42 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RevolverIA I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

sid2-1-5
1 1 0 1
Message 43 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also facing the same problem. How can the problem be solved?

Ivel
3 3 0 1
Message 44 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried all the BIOS recovery options. Nothing helped. I reset the BIOS, reset the CMOS. BIOS "F.02 Rev.A " and " F. 05 Rev.A " not installed! The seller is "F. 08" - AMI. Seller "F. 02" and "F. 05" - American Megatrends! Maybe that's why they can't be installed? I have a warranty. But there is no authorized service center in my city and I need a laptop for work. BIOS F. 08 is missing from the official site. Should we wait for a quick fix?
Tópik
Level 2
8 6 0 8
Message 45 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP is silencing people, they have blocked my comments in the most populated post, just to say that apart from twitter this should be seen by a lawyer, since I have a law degree and I see signs of scam, they not only do not help and hide the problem if not that prevent us from organizing and seeking a solution. [Content removed]

Screenshot_20200824-141552_Chrome.jpg

JessikaV
HP Administrator
HP Administrator
445 382 29 1,396
Message 46 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

A BIOS update was recently released, check this post with the solution:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/RANDOM-SHUTDOWN-AFTER-BIOS-UPDATE/m-p/7761409#M33070 

Regards, 

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation