Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Saeth Here's a related post you can check out: click here and if the issue persists, please try the below steps:

Click here to perform a hard reset on your device

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

1. Turn off the notebook.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

NOTE:

On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key.

4. While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.

• If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

@emicaim Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why do you write the same thing if it doesn't help?Better to find a really working solution.

HP Recommended

@vladosmemos Please respond with your product information, so that we may work on finding a working solution based on your device,

Also, did you try the steps I had suggested for the other user? if not, please do and keep me posted, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I tried the steps you suggested.

Here is my device:

HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0044ur

HP Recommended

@vladosmemos I suggest you install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The test was successful

HP Recommended

@vladosmemos That's great, that confirms this isn't a hardware issue, most likely a software issue with the OS, that said, if creating a new user account doesn't help, please back up all personal files into an external storage and reset windows using the steps mentioned here.

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the sudden shutdowns started to happen after we updated the BIOS to the latest version

HP Recommended

Yes same thjng happened with me i have hp pavilion 15ec0xxx i i upupdad bios them whenever i play games pc hibernates even after restoring to opder version as directed it still doesn't fix anything same prblm

Plz at least test ur bios updates before deleviring them 

HP Recommended

Per the advice of the HP support staff and per my prior indications this is a bios issue. I have done a fresh install of windows from a bootable USB drive matching the exact version my computer came with and i am still experiencing the same issue before i did the fresh reinstall of windows I tried to create a new user account like was previously suggested. Bios is still F0.8 could not roll that back so now the issue has occurred again. Please look into this issue I checked my fan on my PC and the thermal paste i cleaned both fans with an anti-static brush. The fans were not even dirty I am covering all my bases. The thermal paste on my CPU and GPU is also in good condition i can tell since this issue has happened that some of the paste is starting to go bad due to the constant over heating so i am going to repast the CPU and GPU or use Graphite plates. So if this doesn't resolve the issue then this has to be fixed all indications are to the BIOs i could go in and under volt my bios myself but i don't want to mess with that please resolve this issue HP i am begging you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.