Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since ditching my old 15-bs033cl (no model name, just the code for some reason) for a Pavilion Gaming, I've always felt like something was missing from it from the factory. Don't get me wrong, this is the nicest machine I've owned and the best looking gaming laptop I've seen, but I think the experience could be bumped up just one more notch to the point where it would be one of the best entry/mid-level gaming laptops.

All this laptop needs is a better way to control the fans, and maybe overclock certain components if it's even possible, through software. Every other gaming laptop I've seen out in the wild has some way of controlling these performance options through an application installed from the factory. I believe these laptops would heavily benefit from an application similar to what is used on the OMEN series machines as it would not only push the user experience just that little bit higher, but it may come as a selling point as, last I checked, this was almost a sub-$600 machine and a total bargain to begin with, I wouldn't be surprised if it gained sales, even by a little.

If this application cannot be implemented, or is not a priority as this level of control is part of the list of reasons driving sales of the higher-level OMEN machines, I totally understand. If anyone else wants this feature, suggest what else could be bundled in the application as there is still room for improvement in this suggestion.

~ bmk3k ~
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

i also just bought an HP Pavilion Gaming, i didn't know it don't have some kind of "gaming app" like other brand in this price point, well, that's on me for not doing much more research before buying this.
i doubt HP will go their way to make and release an app like Omen Command Center for a product that already released. I mean, simple profile and fan control would be good enough, but i doubt they give a **bleep** about it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.