Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Thermal throttling and performance drop

HP Recommended
Hp omen 15 dc0052nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the omen 15 dc0052nr from US one year ago and am using it in India since then. The laptop was working fine until last month just one month after the warranty expiration. The lap over heats and has a problem of lagging and thermal throttling. Game doesn't work properly and even studio applications. I tried fresh start, freed up local disc C and did update the drivers of the graphic card. Still no improvement in the performance. Can you guys help me with that?

2 REPLIES 2
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,665 12,442 1,306 4,290
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Surya21narayana 

This happened after a year of use?

Did you consider cleaning the fan vents out? If they are clogged, you will get these same symptoms.

Blow some air through the vents to loosen up any lint/dust. If its really clogged, you will have to take the case and fan shrouds apart to do a deep cleaning.

Your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

Let me know if it makes any difference.

Surya21narayana
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes this happened after a year of use. I actually had done the deep cleaning and even replaced the thermal paste. Man the condition of it was worse. Too much dust inside and the paste literally we dried up. So changed it with coolmaster paste and did the cleaning. But I think it's mostly because of the software issues coz the laptop boots up very fast and doesn't rattle in normal use. But once the fans crank up there comes the issue. The game I played was NFS 2012 which had an avg of 45 fps but soon the performance will drop, the deck being metal feels like an iron press and starts to lag. The same with Ps 2019 and Fusion 360. They run well and after 7 minutes they just freeze. Back in January I used to play horizon 4, Odyssey and GTA 5 simultaneously for hours. But his time no rough use just University works but had my laptop in trouble.

Yes I will look into the manual for further note but this one seems like a software issue. I don't know if my first time with a gaming lap. A help will be very much appreciated sir. I don't know how to tag you but. I wish it reaches you.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation