Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ek0600nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

First i'm not native english speekin, so sorry for errors....

Early 2020 in 1. Corona-Lookdown my friend borrowed my Apple Thunderbolt Display to use with a HP Laptop in home-office. Don't know the Model, think it was some business model. It worked perfektly.

Fast forward to late 2020. I'm in Hospital for 6 months and looking for a gaming laptop that i can use with the big Display when i'm back at home. So i look for the Thunderbolt connector number 1 priority.

I chose the HP Omen 15-ek0600nz. Intel i7 / RTX2060. nice machine, works fine.

now i'm back home, plug in the Apple Thunderbolt Display - nothing. don't turn on, don't recognise, nothing.

The Display works fine on my MAC, and worked on an HP machine to. So , i think the Display is OK. 

Am i missing something? need a driver? Bios option? Or just bad luck on an incompability? (would be really disapointing)

Some ideas?

Best regards

Dani_M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dani_M

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. However, newer Macs use graphics with VESA modes and can display to most HP LCD monitors. To do this, connect the monitor to the Mac while the Mac is off, and then turn on the MAC. The monitor should operate at 60Hz. The INF and software for the HP monitor are for Microsoft Windows and cannot be run in a standard MAC OS environment.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dani_M

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello ECHO_LAKE

Thanks for the answer.
Unfortunately, the Swiss support hotline couldn't help me.
Since it is a 2011 Apple display, the compatibility with a 2020 laptop cannot be guaranteed. So as I feared - incompatibility.
All that remains is to buy a new display. Very disappointing.
Best regards.

Dani_M
HP Recommended

@Dani_M

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. However, newer Macs use graphics with VESA modes and can display to most HP LCD monitors. To do this, connect the monitor to the Mac while the Mac is off, and then turn on the MAC. The monitor should operate at 60Hz. The INF and software for the HP monitor are for Microsoft Windows and cannot be run in a standard MAC OS environment.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.