Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Laptop 15t-dc100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have had this Omen laptop for some time now and I recently got the docking station that I bought with this laptop back out to use, but it does not work.  I cannot seem to find any information on why it won't work, or updated driver/software for the docking station/thunderbolt software.  I thought I would uninstall the software and reinstall it but the most recent version of the TB software I could find was for 1903.  

The dock is a HP TB Dock G2 w/ Combo Cable.  ProdID: 3TR87UT#ABA

It worked last when I was on Win10 1903.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have found the updated controller and got it installed successfully.  I now see the dock connected in the Thunderbolt Control Center.  However, displays plugged into the dock are not detected (using DP or VGA), and the laptop is not charging.  USB ports, and the NIC are working via the dock.

HP Recommended

I double checked my display settings and my CPU sees the displays, but the displays do not receive a signal.  I have two HP E243m Monitors with Bang & Olufsen speakers.

HP Recommended

Installed display drivers, and updated the firmware on one of these monitors but still no dice.

HP Recommended

Grabbed a third monitor of the same kind to test and same result.

HP Recommended

@jjohns92 

The dock is NOT compatible with your Omen machine. I can say at this stage, no REAL compatible docks for nearly all HP Omen machines.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Loaded Win10 1903 and the docking station works.  Don't want to be behind on updates so I loaded my original OS back on my drive and bought a USB-C connector with an HDMI port as really I only wanted to use the dock for the dual monitors. 

I have a 'universal' Dell dock that I may test with.  If I decide to do so I will post my results for anyone else that may come along.

HP Recommended

Dell's D6000 dock works via the Thunderbolt port fine.  Does require a driver install.  The only thing is, is it doesn't charge the device, which isn't a function for this model laptop anyway.  

I don't want the dock on my desk so I will probably be opting for the usb-c hdmi adapter to get a second monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.