Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't know what to do. I've tried a couple of potential solutions and one worked for one second and then stopped again. Please Help!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Maristar-

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Use the following steps to uninstall USB Root Hubs:

1. Disconnect all USB devices connected to the computer except a USB mouse and keyboard (if in use). This includes hubs, thumb drives, printers, and cameras.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

The Device Manager window opens.

3. Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.

Figure : Universal Serial Bus controllers list in Device Manager window

Universal Serial Bus controllers list in Device Manager window
    4. Right-click the first USB Root Hub in the list, then select Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall selection in the Device Manager window

Uninstall selection in the Device Manager window

Click OK to confirm.

5. Continue uninstalling all USB Root Hubs listed.

6. Close Device Manager and restart the computer.

7. If the USB device that is having problems came with software and it was not previously installed, install the software now, following the manufacturer instructions.

8. Reconnect the USB device that was having problems and test it to see if it works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.