Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-dk1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 15 Gaming laptop with GTX 1650TI and i5 10300H @2.50Ghz specs. When I set TPM to on in the BIOS, it will not be recognized by Windows. After I set the TPM settings exactly in the youtube video , TPM MSC says that my computer does not meet the requirements of TPM 2.0. I have updated my BIOS to the newest one but nothing changed. Could you please help me?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, did you try to check if windows can access the tpm chip and if the version is 2.0 and not 1.3?

You can check by doing this :

1) Press windows key + R

2) Type tpm.msc then enter

3) you should see the caracteristics of your tpm chip and the version

HP Recommended

Not this discussion, I answer wrong 😄

HP Recommended

I have checked the place you mentioned and you can see what my screen looks like. I didn't see any info about the version of TPM  even if I unlocked it in BIOS.

tpm msc.png

I can't see any information in here too also. 

security processor.png

HP Recommended

It does not appear to be detected at all like if it was desactivated maybe you need to update some drivers (amd or intel chipset)?

It should appear there it's appearing there both on my new omen laptop and my old msi.

HP Recommended

All my drivers are up to date but I cannot see TPM from there. I don't know what I need to do actually. Is there any suggestion?

HP Recommended

All i could find is that : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-enabled-but-not-found/2650a23d-097a-4ef3-9...

From the number of "I have the same question" reported you are not the only one to have such trouble

Not helping much looks like it might be using the wrong driver.

Does the tpm module appears in hardware manager ?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your effort, I will dig that link. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.