Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, after a recent update of win 10 and Omen Gaming Hub, the undervolt doesn't save the settings.

Every time i start the notebook, the undervolt section is "Off".

Before these recent update it worked well.

I don't know if it is a problem with win update or the new release of the Omen Gaming Hub.

Is there a way to install the previous versione of the Omen Gaming Hub through windows store?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@kuichido, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

OMEN Gaming Hub will pop up messages to require driver updates. but currently, your laptop installed the latest XTU driver, it is newer than the OMEN SDK driver (including XTU drivers as well but might be an older version), so even reinstall OMEN SDK by the following pop up message link still fail.

I know the engineering team will release a new OMEN SDK driver to include the latest XTU drivers.

At this moment, you can try the below steps to see if it works.

Uninstall your Intel Extreme tuning utility, and roll back your XTU driver to the previous version (in Device manager, software components), after roll back to the previous version, open OMEN Gaming Hub to follow the link to install

Working old version:

XTU_Driver2.JPG

Not working new version:

XTU_Driver.JPG

With the latest XTU version 7.0.1.4. This is because the XTU service didn't load successfully, . Rollback to the previous version and then install OMEN SDK can initial XTU service again.

the 7.0.1.4 would be through Windows update automatically, so maybe after a period of time, the driver will be updated to 7.0.1.4 again automatically. 

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, when I roll back XTU driver, it doesn't install the version you suggest but an older one (2016 I think).

When i restart the notebook and go to undervolt in Omen Gaming Hub, the software doesn't show any options but need to update....

It updates and reinstall SDK driver, so when I restart the notebook, the situation is the same than the beginning: it doesn't save the settings of undervolting.

Maybe I should look for the correct driver and install it manually?

HP Recommended

@kuichido, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I found the XTU driver 6.5.2.40 and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work.

Every time i turn on the notebook the undervolting is "off". 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.