Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
EK0013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP omen 15 2020 version from best buy, i7-10875h CPU and rtx 2060. 

I'm on the f.06 bios and I saw on reddit someone used throttlestop and was able to access turbo ratio power limits and undervolt cpu cache and cpu core. So, I already had throttlestop installed and tried to undervolt a few months back but everything was locked. Today, I opened it up and I could change the values of the cpu core, cpu cache and turbo ratio power limits and the values seem to work. Unsure if they will remain after a restart, but I can confirm undervolting works, as my idle temp would spike around 70-80 degrees before undervolting. After undervolting they seem to only spike up to 60 degrees. Will do more testing, but if anyone wanted to undervolt, try it out and let me know.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! I have the same model and I also want to undervolt it. What values did you use for your offset both cores and cache? Have you confirmed that the values would stay even when it is restarted? Thank you! 

HP Recommended

https://prnt.sc/vb5hog

I'm using these. I notice a big temp difference. 20 degrees less than when I run it without undervolting. My cpu would reach degrees of spiked of 95+ during game. Right now I'm going to around 75-80 with these settings applied.

HP Recommended

How about the cpu core? What offset values did you use? You only adjusted the cpu core and cache offset voltage right?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Cpu core and cpu cache are set at the same value of minus 70

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Have you tried restarting it and does the undervolting remains? I only have to adjust cpu core and cache right? I really want to have good temps like yours, sorry for asking many questions. 
HP Recommended

Just look at the picture I took and change the settings to how they look, it wont do any harm to the laptop. Unsure if it sticks after resetting. 

HP Recommended

If you saw this, I wrote below post in Reddit:

"Surprisingly, after F06 BIOS update undervolting starts to work. Now I can undervolt CPU Core, CPU Cache and Intel GPU values to -0.115mV. safely. There is no need to apply PL anymore. 🙂

But for now only ThrottleStop works, Intel XTU voltage offset options still grayed out.

The only issue remained on this laptop for me is; still there is no way to use RAM XMP profiles. If HP resolve this too, I will be very glad..."

And noticed that original thread is deleted in Reddit...

I'm using OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0002nt (i7 10750H / RTX 2070 Max-Q)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.