Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katogospod
2 2 0 0
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Undervolting the CPU - overheating HP Omen 15

Something else worth noting. After my first post, I got in touch with HP technical support (still under premium warranty) and, according to them, when test gaming my model in "laboratory conditions" CPU temps regularly go above 100° with AAA games and upto 120° is considered over heating. So apparently my 98° is perfectly normal. I found this interesting because thought tha intel CPU's start throttling when they get to 100°. Not Coffee Lake tho. I was also advised to leave Turbo Boost on "efficient enabled" when gaming.
Cheers!

(not my comment found it on another site).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rohan98
Level 3
48 38 1 19
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bruh just use throttlestop as its more flexible than xtu and if youre comfortable with opening up youur laptop get a repaste done with liquid metal. i used the conductonaut, undervolted it, and reduced my turbo to 3.7 and am getting good results. apex was quite a cpu demanding game which even after undervolting (before my repaste) would hit 90C. repasting with LM got it down about 10-12C which i consider amazing tbh.and the cpu reaching 120C is just bizarre, its life aint lasting long. i honestly do wish that id bought a different laptop tho. quite a few things let me down with my machine, but well i am dealing with some things and have accepted the others. 

0 Kudos
Chris3001
6 5 0 0
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rohan,

thanks for beeing honest and helpful in this forum. Can you write a how-to repaste, when you have time or do it again. Because I'm afraid of doing it wrong and demaging everything :). I would appreciate it highly 🙂 !!

best regards

Chris

0 Kudos
huey_placard
Level 3
43 38 2 12
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chris003, unrelated, but were you able to confirm in your newer 2019 Omen laptop that it has the Max / Auto Fan switch in the Command Center (like what I observed in a review video) ?    If so, wondering if it helped much at keeping temperatures down.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation